If you’re looking for the usual stuff lawyers write, then scroll down. This first part was written with a more “humane” approach. Maybe that’s a mistake, but we know that nobody is willing to read a 50-page document, so we hope this short version will do a better job.
- We take support seriously! That’s why we never outsource it, and 9 out of 10 tickets are answered by our developers, and the rest by the support staff.
- There are times when you’ll urgently need assistance. Sending multiple tickets or posting to Facebook, Twitter, and email will not get you a faster response. It’ll only delay it as our agents have to do more work. Please open a new ticket and try to give us as much info as possible. That’s the fastest way to get a reply.
- Mental health of our employees is crucial. That’s why we have an absolute zero-tolerance policy towards any threats, swearing, aggression, or similar hostile actions towards our support agents. Any such actions will result in all communication being blocked. No exceptions.
- We are not responsible for any loss of data, traffic, revenue, business, or any other damages, and especially not for your projects being late.
- WP Simple Author Box PRO is not licensed under the GPL or any similar “free” license. You are not allowed to rebrand (beyond what’s possible in the Dashboard) or resell it without our explicit permission.
- You are allowed to install it on as many sites as your license permits, including on your client’s sites, and charge them for the installation and usage of the plugin if it’s a part of a larger service you’re offering, like creating a new site or maintaining one.
- You are not allowed to resell the plugin as a standalone product. For example, put it on your site as “Buy a WP Simple Author Box license for $10“.
- Due to the technical nature of how the Dashboard works, we inevitably have access to information such as your site URL, version of the plugins and WP used, or the last time the site connected to our servers. We keep only the minimum of data we need. We don’t hoard data nor save anything just for the sake of saving. If you don’t want us to know that you’re using the plugin, please stick with the free version.
- It’s licensed under GPLv2 and comes “as is” without any warranties.
- We are not reliable or responsible for any loss of data.
- Despite that being said, we take great pride in the free version, have invested a lot of time into it, and will continue to do so.
- You can rest assured the free version is not going anywhere, and we’ll continue to support and enhance it.
- Support for the free version is available only on the wp.org forums. It is not available via email.
- We’re not in the business of gathering, processing, or selling user data. We’re in the business of selling WP plugins.
- This site uses tools such as Google Analytics and FB Analytics to help us increase sales. We believe that the anonymous data we have access to does not infringe on your privacy. If you feel it does, please use an ad blocker to block those services.
- Reselling licenses bought on AppSumo is not allowed both by AppSumo’s and our rules; while we have no intention of policing various FB groups where deals are being sold, we reserve the right to cancel any licenses/codes that have been resold.
- We don’t have any price lock-in guarantees. If you buy for $10 today and see a deal for $5 tomorrow, we won’t refund you $5 nor upgrade your account to match the new limits. The same as we don’t ask you to pay us more if we decide to raise the price later on.
To end on a much lighter note – we have been in the WordPress plugins business for over ten years. And so far, we have managed to work out all problems and differences with our clients and partners in a peaceful, civilized manner. So, if you feel we wronged you in any way, send an email to email@example.com, and we’ll work something out. Now comes the usual lawyer stuff 🙂
Our website (the “site” – https://wpauthorbox.com) grants you a non-exclusive limited license to use the Simple Author Box plugin (the “plugin”) and any applicable add-ons for Simple Author Box sold through the site. This site is governed by Sigma Labs SRL (the “owner”), and by purchasing the plugin, you agree to adhere and comply with the Terms and Conditions (the “license”) issued by our company.
1. Plugin Licensing
The free version of Simple Author Box is licensed under the GNU general public license (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html) version 2.0 or later. The PRO version uses a proprietary commercial licenses and it’s NOT GPL.
Plugins solid and distributed by Sigma Labs SRL are done so in the hope that they will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Inasmuch as WordPress functions correctly on a clean install of itself,
Simple Author Box is guaranteed to function on a clean install of the minimum, stable and required version of WordPress for the plugin. Because the number and variety of plugins is vast and wide, we do not guarantee that the plugin will function with all 3rd party plugins, themes or browsers of any kind. We do not hold and will not be held responsible for any conflicts or compatibility issues that may occur due to 3rd party software. We assume no responsibility for any data loss as a result of installing or using the plugin. Should conflicts occur with 3rd party software, we may provide support at our discretion.
Sigma Labs SRL sells and distributes Simple Author Box and other plugins “as is” and with no implied meaning that they will function exactly as you would like or will be compatible with all 3rd party components and plugins.
Support for plugins sold and distributed by Sigma Labs SRL is only available for those who have an active, paid support license.
Support and updates are granted for one year after the original purchase based on the license that you have purchased. After one year is completed, the purchaser must renew their license in order to continue receiving support and updates for the items purchased.
“Support” for Simple Author Box is provided as long as Simple Author Box is actively in development. Should any one of the following occur, Sigma Labs SRL will no longer be responsible for providing support for Simple Author Box:
- Simple Author Box is no longer actively developed as a viable product under Sigma Labs SRL.
- Simple Author Box or the parent company is purchased or bought out by another company.
- WordPress is no longer actively developed.
While we attempt to provide the best support possible for our plugins, we do not guarantee that any particular support query can or will be answered to the extent that the inquirer is completely satisfied.
4. License Holders
Only a license holder is permitted to request support or access support resources. If any attempt is made by another party other than the license holder to access support in a manner not specified, we reserve the right to suspend indefinitely the license key without notice or consent.
Re-posting content from any portion of this site, including support forum and documentation materials, is strictly prohibited. If any attempt is made to re-post content in a manner specified above, we reserve the right to suspend indefinitely the license key without notice or consent.
5. Automatic Updates
Automatic updates are available to license holders who have an active and valid subscription and license key. Automatic updates are available for
Simple Author Box and all other installed Simple Author Box Addons. Automatic updates are available as long as the license key generated from the purchase is valid and active.
6. Plugin Delivery
After we have processed your payment successfully, you will receive an email with your order number and your license key. You can download the plugin by clicking on the appropriate link inside the e-mail you receive.
Should you not receive an email containing your information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your purchase information.
All plugins are property of Sigma Labs SRL. Claiming any type of intellectual or exclusive ownership rights of our products is strictly prohibited.
Our plugins are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. We shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or losses that occur out of the use or inability to use our plugins.
8. Website & Plugin Content
All content found on this site and our plugin including images, documentation, support queries and any other information is property of Sigma Labs SRL and may not be redistributed without permission or consent.
9. Price Changes
Sigma Labs SRL reserves the right to modify, change cancel or upgrade a plugin subscription and/or license key without prior notice or consent. Prices of all products are subject to change without prior notice or consent.
10. Refund Policy
Refunds will be offered at our sole discretion. Refunds will only be considered based on the following grounds:
You are within the first 7 days of the purchase of the plugin.
Your issue(s) comes from not being able to install the plugin properly or get the plugin to perform its basic functions.
You have attempted to resolve your issue(s) within our support forums and priority ticketing support.
No refunds will be granted after the first 7 days of the purchase whatsoever. Issues caused by 3rd party plugins, themes or other software will not provide grounds for a refund.
By purchasing plugin(s) from our site, you agree to this refund policy and relinquish any rights to subject it to any questions, judgment or legal actions.
Sigma Labs SRL may occasionally send you emails related to the purchase of product(s) from our company. We may also send you occasional email newsletters relating to Simple Author Box updates and promotions. We will never sell or release your email to any third party vendors. You may opt out of these emails at any time without penalty.
12. License Agreement
By purchasing our product(s), you indicate and consent that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions listed and detailed on this page. We reserve the right to change or modify the current Terms and Conditions without prior notice or consent.